(2 Days, 15 Hours, 1 Credit)
In this workshop you will explore the tools provided by Unreal Engine across several panels and windows. You will learn about each panel and toolbox involved in building a game environment inside Unreal Engine, as well as how to use the level building tools to construct level ground objects and proxy meshes for space blocking and importing prebuilt 3D objects and characters. You will also learn about the game-level pipeline, applying proper asset structure, creating and applying proper shaders and materials, placing static and dynamic lights, and the basics of effects and dynamics in a game level.
By the end of Day 3, you will be able to:
- Navigate the panels and windows inside the Unreal Engine.
- Discuss the specifications of outdoor and indoor game environments.
- Build ground objects for the game level, using the modelling tools inside Unreal Engine.
- Build proxy mesh for space blocking.
- Discuss the specifications of 3D assets suitable for game engines.
- Import 3D assets created in other applications into Unreal Engine.
- Import textures into Unreal Engine.
- Create proper asset structures.
By the end of Day 4, you will be able to:
- Create shaders and materials for game objects.
- Apply materials to the 3D assets.
- Discuss lighting methodologies for game environments.
- Light a game scene using a three-point lighting technique.
- Create static and dynamic lighting using the light tools within Unreal Engine.
- Build post-processing effects for mood and atmosphere.
- Create game characters using imported 3D characters.
- Set up characters using Unreal Engine built-in character blueprints.
- Run and test the game level and troubleshoot visual deficiencies.
For more information contact us.