A BCIT Business Consulting Project provides International Business Management students the opportunity to work with an organization to resolve an international business problem or challenge. Students work in a team of two or three to identify potential opportunities, conduct research, and recommend effective solutions. The end result for your organization is a comprehensive written report and an oral presentation outlining the student team’s recommendations and solutions. Twice each year the International Business program accepts approximately 20 project proposals per year. The Fall projects are one day per week for eleven weeks. The Spring projects are three days per week for nine weeks.
|STUDENT SKILLS & SPECIALTY AREAS|
|Market Feasibility Studies||Market Entry Strategies|
|Political Risk Analysis||Warehousing|
|Purchasing Systems||Process Improvement|
|Inventory Control||Logistics and Supply Chain|
|Sept – Nov||Project proposals submitted to BCIT|
|January||Student teams review and select projects|
|Feb – Mar||Students, Faculty Advisor, and Sponsor agree to project details|
|Mar – May||Students conduct research, write a report, and prepare their presentation|
|Mid – May||Students deliver oral presentation and written report to sponsor|
BCIT Business Consulting Project ideas
- How do we market to a certain international demographic?
- How can we export our new product to another country?
- How can we leverage our supply chain for a competitive advantage?
- How can we start importing international goods?
- How can we optimize product storage times?
- How can we streamline our product shipping and receiving?
- How can we lower our transportation and logistics costs?
BCIT Business Consulting Project requirements
- A clearly defined international business challenge or problem
- Involve a market research component
- Workspace and administrative services for 2-3 students
- Available two days a week for student visits (Tues & Wed)
- A $500 donation to the student scholarship fund (taxable benefit)
If you have any additional questions about the BCIT Business Consulting Project program or if you would like to be contacted when the next project opportunity arises please contact:
International Business Management Program Head
Operations Management Department