- Get an early start on determining and enhancing your future career
- Discover your passions and what makes you uniquely YOU
- Explore Career suitability and options and gain media and communication skills that will set you apart in today’s employment landscape
Invest now in your future!
BCIT Business Global Relations, in partnership with the Broadcast and Media Communications Department, invites domestic and international high school students to participate in the Business and Media Career Exploration Program. There are several scholarships and awards available for students.
Over the course of two weeks, explore career suitability and options by discovering your values and personality strengths. Gain multimedia experience to enhance employment opportunities and develop your communication skills for personal and professional growth.
This two-week program is offered in July and August. Specific dates TBD.
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Week 1 – Multimedia storytelling:
- Explore broadcasting to enhance your presentation skills
- Engage in hands on media training to advance your career success
- Learn communication and media skills employers rate as top priority when hiring
- Areas of interactive study include interviewing, writing, story-telling, announcing, photography, podcasting.
Week 2 – Career exploration and planning:
- Assess professional interests and career suitability
- Learn about top future career choices and job market trends
- Develop and present a personal career plan
Canadian and international high school students from 14 to 17 year olds are welcome.
Career exploration areas:
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Financial Management
- International Business
- Digital Arts
- Broadcast and Media Communications
- Career suitability testing and individual coaching
- Interactive career labs exploring BCIT’s School of Business programs
- Interaction with industry professionals
- International cuisine lunches
- Optional weekend sightseeing packages
- $1,150 – International students
- $950 – Canadian citizens and permanent residents
How to apply:
To start your business and media career exploration adventure at BCIT, apply online by April 1, 2021. High school students from overseas must send their expression of interest prior to submitting their application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Register by March 1, 2021 to save $100.
Summer program location
The BCIT Burnaby Campus is located just off the Trans-Canada Highway at the corner of Willingdon Avenue and Canada Way:
3700 Willingdon Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5G 3H2
If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 604-432-8898