BCIT Audio Visual (AV) Services is responsible for supplying audiovisual equipment and related services for instructional and administrative purposes throughout BCIT.
There are two groups that provide coordinated AV services on behalf of the Institute:
- AV Services department, part of the Learning and Teaching Centre, located at the Burnaby Campus
- AV Support, part of BCIT Administrative Services, department located at the Downtown Campus
At all main and other BCIT campuses, AV service and support departments provide the following services to faculty, staff and students:
- Circulation of loaned AV equipment for both students, and instructors and staff
- Help desk for AV equipment issues
- Assistance with equipment setup
- Service, maintenance and installation of Institute AV equipment
- Product recommendations, evaluations, and purchase
- Refreshing of installed and circulating AV equipment
- Other services such as staging of special events
Other responsibilities include maintaining an inventory of Institute AV equipment, and staging and support of Institute events and conferences.
Programs or services are encouraged to consult with AV Services when considering the purchase of new AV equipment to ensure that, where possible, the product is compatible with existing equipment, it can be maintained and repaired by AV Services staff, and it has been tested and evaluated for use in a teaching and learning environment.