Success StoriesFor the past 25 years, BCIT has invested in research and technology development capacity in strategic areas to meet the needs of industry partners and maximize the Institute’s impact on economic development and environmental sustainability. Through the vertical integration of research and technology transfer, outcomes include new knowledge, technologies, national and international standards and codes, changes to industry practice and government policy, and training of highly qualified and skilled personnel.
Recent successes include:
- BCIT applied researchers making strides in collaborative study with American Orthotics and Prosthetics Association
- BCIT faculty researcher improving waste water treatment that saves lives
- BCIT heads national college research ranking
- BCIT students help to preserve some of Vancouver's rarest cherry trees
- BCIT researchers receive excellence in BC health care award for innovative cancer syringe
- HUG - Medical Tubing Manager win Red Dot Design Award