About the RTGThe Research Task Group (RTG) was formed shortly after the 'BCIT Faculty and Staff Association Summit on Research at BCIT' (May 25-26, 2009). This two-day discussion was attended by over 80 BCIT managers, instructors, researchers, technicians and support staff, and facilitated by Dr. Mark L. Winston, FRSC of SFU's Centre for Dialogue.
A voice for every corner of the campus
The members of the RTG are drawn from every school and many departments, and include staff, faculty, instructors, researchers and administrators from across the Institute.
RTG is here to foster collaboration in the name of research. It will work closely with BCIT constituents, the community and industry to facilitate the success of a more focused, collaborative and strategic approach to research at BCIT.
- Facilitate the coordination and integration of research activities across BCIT: ARLO, Technology Centre, BCIT's six schools, Learning and Teaching Centre
- Propose and implement policies, practices and procedures to foster research at BCIT
- Develop a process for identifying and defining BCIT research themes that align with BCIT's Vision and Mandate
- Support the facilitation and development of research funding opportunities
- Communicate, reach, engage and solicit feedback effectively with the BCIT community and industry on matters relating to research at BCIT.