Institute Research FundsBCIT Institute Research Funds allow BCIT employees to pursue research initiatives for which they are unable to obtain funding from other sources or allow researchers to leverage institute funds to obtain research funding from external agencies and partners that they would otherwise be unable to access.There are two funds:
- VP Research Seed Fund - The intention of this fund is to fund research applications that will require partial release time from duties for the principal investigator for extended periods of time, usually one or more terms.
- Discovery Parks Fund - The intention of this fund is to fund research applications that are for a fixed term or to fund the preparation of applications for external grants.
How do I Apply?
- BCIT Institute Research Funds - Instructions
- BCIT Institute Research Funds - Application Form
- BCIT Institute Research Funds - Checklist
- January 2017 Institute Research Funds Info Session Presentation
Applications are sent to the Chair of your School Research Committee:
- School of Business: Mark Giltrow
- School of Computing & Academic Studies: Aaron Hunter
- School of Construction & the Environment: Eric Saczuk
- School of Energy: Mehrzad Tabatabaian
- School of Health Sciences: Shan Satoglu / Janet Morrison
- School of Transportation: Guy Ellis
- Services & Support: James McCartney / Joe Boyd
Latest AwardsApr 6, 2017: The Institute Research Committee (IRC) recently approved the following 4 proposals, through the VP Research Seed Fund and Discovery Parks Fund, as recommended by their School Research Committees.
- Dr. Djamel Khelifi (SoCAS) – $25,000 (for 2017/2018), for project entitled “Synthesis and Analysis of Anti-cancer Bioactive Falcarinol-type Polyacetylenes from Devil’s Club.”
- Ms. Glynda Doyle and Dr. Janet Morrison (SoHS) – $25,000 (for 2017/2018) for project entitled “Fostering Healthcare Student Perceptions of Inter-professional Roles Using Clinical Case Studies in an Educational Clinical Information System Environment.”
- Dr. John Dian and Dr. Amirhossein Yousefi (SoE) – $24,600 (for 2017/2018) for project entitled “Synchronization of wireless BLE devices.”
- Mr. Timothy Carson (SoCE) – $23,400 (for 2017/2018) for project entitled “Overcoming Barriers to Intercollegiate Collaborative Practices to Support Student Success.”