If you have completed a degree, a diploma or coursework equivalent to a portion of a BCIT program, you may qualify for direct entry to an advanced level.
Step 1: Meet the requirements
To be eligible for direct entry, you must meet the program’s entrance requirements and required course equivalents. View your program’s direct entry information sheet for requirements.
Direct entry information sheets
- 3D Modeling, Art and Animation
- Accounting (full-time)
- Accounting (part-time)
- Business Information Technology Management
- Business Management
- Business Operations Management
- Digital Design and Development
- Finance (full-time)
- Finance (part-time)
- Financial Planning (full-time)
- Financial Planning (part-time)
- General Insurance and Risk Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business Management
- Marketing Management
- Radio Arts and Entertainment
Step 2: Prepare your application
- Determine your application date. BCIT accepts direct entry applications starting:
- November 1st* for programs starting September.
- February 1st* for programs starting in January.
*or next business day.
Step 3: Submit your application
Apply online using the BCIT Secure Information System:
- Create or search for your BCIT ID.
- Follow the instructions to select and apply for direct entry.
- Pay the application fee by Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
Step 4: Check your application status
Once you’ve submitted your application, you can check your application status on myBCIT.
- Log in to myBCIT.
- Select “Admissions.”
- Choose “Check Application Status.”
Step 5: Complete additional courses
If you’re accepted for direct entry, you may need to complete additional courses before you begin your studies.
We recommend you apply early to allow time to complete any required courses before your program start date.