Please note: The Trades Entry Assessment and Trades Learning Centre will be closed from August 6 to August 16, 2019. No Assessments will be conducted, sent or processed during this time. Trades Tutorial for students attending training will resume on August 19th.
The physics assessment measures the ability to respond to basic, familiar (static) physics concepts. The questions represent common trades-related problems. This is not a multiple-choice assessment. You are expected to show all work.
- 11 questions worth 33 marks
- 30 minute time limit
- Only one re-write may be attempted in any 3-month term
- Passing score varies by program
How to register
Please note, We've changed the way we accept payments. Find out more ›
- To write an assessment for the first time:
- at the BCIT Burnaby Campus, register and pay online or in person at Student Information and Enrolment Services
Students: book to write off campus
- To rewrite an assessment, register and pay online. Note: If you are writing the assessment for the third time, you must wait a minimum of three months to re-write.
What to bring
- Government issued photo identification
- Proof of payment
- Scientific calculator (no phones or computers permitted)
- Pen, pencil and eraser
You will not be permitted to write the assessment without the required documents.
Download the Physics sample [PDF] to prepare for the assessment.