The physics assessment measures the ability to respond to basic, familiar (static) physics concepts. The questions represent common trades-related problems. This is not a multiple-choice assessment. You are expected to show all work.
- 11 questions worth 33 marks
- 30 minute time limit
- Only one re-write may be attempted in any 3-month term
- Passing score varies by program
How to register
Please note, We've changed the way we accept payments. Find out more ›
- To write an assessment for the first time:
- at the BCIT Burnaby Campus, register and pay online or in person at Student Information and Enrolment Services
Students: book to write off campus
- To rewrite an assessment, register and pay online. Note: If you are writing the assessment for the third time, you must wait a minimum of three months to re-write.
What to bring
- Government issued photo identification
- Proof of payment
- Scientific calculator (no phones or computers permitted)
- Pen, pencil and eraser
You will not be permitted to write the assessment without the required documents.
Download the Physics sample [PDF] to prepare for the assessment.