The abstract reasoning assessment is a non-verbal measure of reasoning ability. It evaluates the ability to think logically and to perceive relationships in abstract figure patterns within a specified time limit.
- 40 multiple-choice questions
- 20 minute time limit
- Only one re-write may be attempted in any 3-month term
- Passing score varies by program
How to Register
- To write an assessment for the first time:
- at the BCIT Burnaby Campus, register and pay online or in person at Student Information and Enrolment Services
Students: book to write off campus
- To rewrite an assessment, register and pay online. Note: If you are writing the assessment for the third time, you must wait a minimum of three months to re-write.
What to Bring
- Government issued photo identification
- Proof of payment
- Pen, pencil and eraser
You will not be permitted to write the assessment without the required documents.
Download the Abstract Reasoning sample [PDF] to prepare for the assessment.