The BCIT Digital Design and Development diploma provides students with a solid foundation in designing, developing, and creating interactive, dynamic, immersive social and online applications across various digital media platforms. You will work within a team to design and develop web and mobile applications, educational products, video and audio assets for interactive media and business applications.
Graduates have a variety of digital media skills that can lead them to various content design and development jobs at digital media production studios, advertising companies, design firms, and web and mobile app developments. Graduates may also have opportunities to be part of a team that creates games, digital animations and dynamic content.
BCIT Digital Design and Development students learn to:
- Develop media rich products
- Design 2D animations and video production
- Create 3D design and visual effects
- Develop project plans with timelines, budgets, and roles
- Integrate a variety of server and client-side APIs
- Create digital content in a range of formats, from print to mobile
- Create a complete business web solution
- Develop dynamic web applications
- Design user interface for games, mobile apps and computer applications
- Develop and design online mobile applications
|BCIT DIGITAL DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT DIPLOMA
||BCIT Diploma of Technology
||2 years, Full-time
|Number of Courses:
||32 courses, 111.5 credits
||Learn about Tuition & Fees
||8 weeks, 4 days a week
||Comprehensive Business Website Solution
|1st Year Entry:
Within the Digital Design & Development program students will:
- Develop several cross platform web and mobile solutions
- Plan cost-effective marketing campaigns for small to medium size business through web and mobile platforms.
- Create a complete application which includes web and mobile marketing tactics, web analytics, social media, MySQL database, and integrate a variety of server and client-side APIs.
- Produce short film pieces with visual effects and integrated CG elements
- Develop a small multi-platform game project
- Create an individual final portfolio and reel
Digital Media Internship
Prior to graduation, Digital Design and Development students participate in a hands-on eight week practicum to learn on the job and develop business connections in the digital media industry. The practicum provides a valuable career building experience and can even lead to a job offer from the sponsoring company.
Digital Media Jobs & Careers
Graduates of the Digital Design and Development diploma program have the necessary design and development skills to start an exciting career in the digital media industry in various companies or as an entrepreneur and small business owner.
- Mobile and Web Content Artist
- Internet Marketing Coordinator
- Digital Media Coordinator
- Web and Mobile Developer
- Interface Designer
- Game User Interface Designer
- Project Manager
- Digital Media Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Digital Media Producer
- Web Development Manager
- Dynamic Media Designer
- Digital Media Product Designer