Appropriate application of forensic principles has become an important component of overall patient care when the patient is a victim of trauma, sexual assault, violence or crime. The clinical management of such victims must include not only the obvious aspects of health care, but also elements of forensic significance such as the collection and protection of evidence, effective communication with law enforcement (and other agencies), and compliance with standards required in a forensic or legal investigation. This program is designed for health care workers involved in forensic examinations as well as for the law enforcement, legal and scientific professionals that must interact with them during a forensic investigation.
Do you have credits from another BC/Yukon post-secondary school? Do you want to know if
they transfer to courses here at BCIT? Check out BCIT's
Transfer Equivalency Database to find out.
Graduating & Jobs
Many of the people who take this credential will already be working as a health care provider or in law enforcement. This program will also be of interest to student nurses wishing to work as a Nurse Examiner or Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner.
Faculty, Advisors & Staff
- Dr. Darryl Plecas - RCMP Research Chair, School of Criminology and Criminal Justice, UCFV
- Dana Adams - Director of Security Services, Telus Communication
- Lynn Gifford - Coordinator, Forensic Nursing Services, Surrey Memorial Hospital
- Taras Hryb - President, Canadian Association of Private Investigators
- Jared Jung - Computer Crime, ASC Student
- Lisa Lapointe - Forensic Science and Identification Services, Province of BC
- Stefano Mazzega - General Manager, Forensic Science and Identification Services, National Forensic Services Laboratory, Vancouver
- Kevin McQuiggin - Inspector(retd), Tech Crime Unit, Vancouver Police Department
- Aaron Oliynyk - Crime and Intelligence, Btech Student and Civil Aviation Safety Inspector
- Jess Ram - Inspector, Criminal Intelligence Services
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.