Health and Safety
Health and Safety promotes and enhances the development and implementation of health and safety programs at BCIT and is a reflection of BCIT's existing health and safety policy to provide a healthy and safe work environment for employees and students.
» Access the BCIT Occupational Health and Safety Policy [PDF]
The BCIT Health and Safety Group is a resource for all members of the BCIT community on matters concerning health and safety. The Health and Safety Group is the liaison between BCIT supervisors and external agencies to provide current information required to remain compliant with appropriate legislation.
Resources provided by Health and Safety
- BCIT Occupational Health and Safety Program
- First Aid services at each campuses
- Health Promotion Initiatives
- Investigation of unsafe acts and conditions
- Prevention of violence in the workplace
- Coordination of Accident Investigations
- WHMIS / Chemical Safety / Waste
- Investigation of air-quality concerns
- Ergonomic assessments
- Hearing conservation and audiometric services
- Health and Safety training
- Coordination of BCIT Fire safety
- Acting as a resource for Health and Safety concerns
- Supporting Joint and Advisory OH&S Committees
Health & Safety newsletter
Health & Safety newsletters are created and distributed monthly and contain first aid statistics, compliance concerns, updates of new legislation and interest articles.
Print copies of the Health & Safety Newsletter are available at the Safety & Security office at the North end of SW01.To submit ideas or suggestions for future installments of the Health & Safety Newsletter please contact Chris Lynch.
- March 2013 [PDF]
- February 2013 [PDF]
- December 2012 [PDF]
- October 2012 [PDF]
- September 2012 [PDF]
- August 2012 [PDF]
- July 2012 [PDF]
- June 2012 [PDF]
- May 2012 [PDF]
- April 2012 [PDF]
- March 2012 [PDF]