BCIT has an emergency warning alert system – BCIT ALERT – designed to keep the BCIT community connected to key information, and to ensure the continued safety of students and staff at the institute.
BCIT ALERT will only be used in urgent or emergency situations and snow closures to send a short message to your mobile device, email address or voicemail. The exception is an annual test of the system to all registrants. In order to receive these messages, you must register with the service.
We encourage you to register for BCIT ALERT, and stay informed. For more information about campus safety and how to prepare for an emergency, visit Safety Security and Emergency Management.
Instructions to register for BCIT ALERT:
- Click on MIR3.com/BCIT-ALERT.
- Click on the Register tab above the Login box.
- Enter your first name, last name and work e-mail address (or the primary email you want to be contacted on). Click on Register.
- Within a minute or so you will be sent a password to your e-mail account from the BCIT ALERT administrator.
- Log in with your e-mail address and the password which was sent to you.
- Fill in the General tab changing your password to something you will remember if you want to update any other information.
- The Registered Through Date is the end date at which you will no longer need to be on BCIT ALERT.
- Click on the Devices tab and enter the relevant information. Do not re-enter the email address you used to register when you logged in. If you do so you will receive duplicate emails.
- Click on Save Page to save the updated information.
- You can update your registered profile at any time by logging in with your e-mail address and password.
If you have any problems registering, please send an e-mail to email@example.com detailing the problem.
To un-register from BCIT ALERT
If you wish to un-register from the BCIT ALERT system please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the email address you used to register as well as your full name as it appears on your BCIT ALERT registration profile.
This is a free service provided by BCIT; however charges from your mobile service provider may apply.
BCIT ALERT is another method of communicating to you, in addition to information posted on BCIT websites, sent via email, and distributed to Lower Mainland media.
BCIT ALERT will be used to alert subscribers to any campus closures due to snow or inclement weather, potentially saving you an unnecessary trip to any of BCIT's six campuses.