Information and Support Services for Part-time Studies Students
Welcome to BCIT Part-time Studies!
This web page has been created to provide new and returning part-time students with important information on how to access administrative and other services at BCIT.
Printing your course fee receipt, your myBCIT account, and other student Self-services
A personal myBCIT account has been created for you, which includes your own email address @my.bcit.ca. Your instructor(s) will use this portal to communicate with you and your classmates. All official communications from BCIT administrative offices will also be sent to your myBCIT email address.
You now have access to the various self-services available through your myBCIT student portal, such as:
- Printing your course fee receipt
- Printing your T2202A tax receipt (available on the last day of February for the previous tax year)
- Accessing your myBCIT email account
- Updating your personal information
- Accessing online courses (if applicable)
- Viewing registration information and course schedule
- Viewing assignment marks and final grades
- Printing an unofficial transcript
- Receiving administrative information from Admissions, Registration and other BCIT offices
- Viewing campus bulletins and other important information
Go to myBCIT to access your account. Log on using your BCIT ID (A00...#) and initial password (your birthdate: YYMMDD).
Find more information on how to access your myBCIT account
BCIT Safety Wise
BCIT has a Safety Wise app that you’ll want to download. It has a lot of useful features, such as push notifications in the event of a campus emergency. You can use it to call for help, report a concern, or just find your way around campus. Learn more in this video. Then, download the app. You can learn more about Safety on Campus at bcit.ca/safety.Top
Your course textbooks & materialsThe BCIT Bookstore will have the course materials that you'll need for your course approximately four to six weeks before it starts. You can either purchase your course materials in person or order online from the Bookstore's website.
Distance and online students can order their course texts and materials from the Bookstore's Distance and Online website.
- Phone: Lower Mainland (604) 432-8379 or toll-free (Canada only) 1-877-333-8379
- Fax: (604) 432-7923
- Email: email@example.com
Studying at the Downtown Vancouver Campus (DTC)?
Find more information on services available for DTC students
Finding your classroom location & campus maps
Classroom locations are posted online prior to the course start date and can be subject to change, so be sure to check the listing before arriving on campus.
Need a map Magellan? Have a look at BCIT's campus locations & maps.
Getting your BCIT Student ID Card
The BCIT ID card is an identification card for students and staff.
It allows you to access many services at BCIT, including:
- Library Services
- U-Pass / Compass Card
- AudioVisual services (student equipment bookings)
- Recreation and Athletics in the Student Activity Centre
- Printing and copying
- On-campus and off-campus discounts
- BCIT Student Association retail operations, such as The Stand stores and Campus Print and Copy in SE2
Find more information on how to get your BCIT ID Card
Parking at BCITFind BCIT parking information including rates, parking pass options and lot locations. Be sure to arrive early on the first night of your class!
TopDistance & online learning
Students who have registered in a distance or online course, be sure to:
- Review your course information email, sent prior to the course start date
- Visit the BCIT Distance website to discover learning resources developed for BCIT distance and online students.
- Log into your online course by clicking here on the course start date
Fees, refunds, & withdrawals
Learn more about BCIT's Part-time Studies fees and refunds. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the refund deadline date policies should you require to drop or transfer your registration.
Important Information on Withdrawals
Even if you have missed the refund or withdrawal deadline, it is very important to notify BCIT of your intent to withdraw. Late withdrawals are subject to program area approval and will not be considered without applicable documentation. Failure to withdraw formally can affect your permanent academic record - including your GPA and your ability to qualify for awards and recognition in the future. If you have any questions, please contact Student Information & Enrolment Services toll-free at 1.866.434.1610 or locally at 604.434.1610.
BCIT Student Association - BCITSA
The BCIT Student Association [SA] enhances student life for both Part-time and Full-time students by offering a wide range of services, programs, events and student spaces on all five campuses. There are many ways that the SA helps you to get involved with your community and gain valuable experience to use throughout your career. You can access Career Services, contribute to the monthly student Link Magazine, or take part in one of the several programs provided by our Student Services department. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us online at www.bcitsa.ca. If you would like updates on news, announcements, contests and more, you can follow @bcitsa.
BCIT Student Association, Enhancing Student Life!
Support services for PTS studentsStudent support service areas across BCIT.
We wish you every success in your current and future educational pursuits!