Information and Support Services for Part-time Studies Students
Welcome to BCIT Part-time Studies!
This web page has been created to provide new and returning part-time students with important information on how to access administrative and other services at BCIT.
Printing your course fee receipt, your myBCIT account, and other student Self-services
A personal myBCIT account has been created for you, which includes your own email address @my.bcit.ca. Your instructor(s) will use this portal to communicate with you and your classmates. All official communications from BCIT administrative offices will also be sent to your myBCIT email address.
You now have access to the various self-services available through your myBCIT student portal, such as:
- Printing your course fee receipt
- Printing your T2202A tax receipt (available on the last day of February for the previous tax year)
- Accessing your myBCIT email account
- Updating your personal information
- Accessing online courses (if applicable)
- Viewing registration information and course schedule
- Viewing assignment marks and final grades
- Printing an unofficial transcript
- Receiving administrative information from Admissions, Registration and other BCIT offices
- Viewing campus bulletins and other important information
Go to myBCIT to access your account. Log on using your BCIT ID (A00...#) and initial password (your birthdate: YYMMDD).Top
Your course textbooks & materialsThe BCIT Bookstore will have the course materials that you'll need for your course approximately four to six weeks before it starts. You can either purchase your course materials in person or order online from the Bookstore's website.
Distance and online students can order their course texts and materials from the Bookstore's Distance and Online website.
- Phone: Lower Mainland (604) 432-8379 or toll-free (Canada only) 1-877-333-8379
- Fax: (604) 432-7923
- Email: email@example.com
Studying at the Downtown Vancouver Campus (DTC)?
Click here for more information on services available for DTC students.
Finding your classroom location & campus maps
Classroom locations are posted online prior to the course start date and can be subject to change, so be sure to check the listing before arriving on campus.
Need a map Magellan? Have a look at BCIT's campus locations & maps.
Parking at BCITFind BCIT parking information including rates, parking pass options and lot locations. Be sure to arrive early on the first night of your class!
TopDistance & online learning
Students who have registered in a distance or online course, be sure to:
- Review your course information email, sent prior to the course start date
- Visit the BCIT Distance website to discover learning resources developed for BCIT distance and online students.
- Log into your online course by clicking here on the course start date
Fees, refunds, & withdrawals
Learn more about BCIT's Part-time Studies fees and refunds. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the refund deadline date policies should you require to drop or transfer your registration.
Important Information on Withdrawals
Even if you have missed the refund or withdrawal deadline, it is very important to notify BCIT of your intent to withdraw. In many cases, a Late Withdrawal may be an option. Failure to withdraw formally can affect your permanent academic record - including your GPA and your ability to qualify for awards and recognition in the future. If you have any questions, please contact Student Records at (604) 432-8498.Top
BCIT Student Association - BCITSA
Be a part of your student association and stay connected to our social media to find out the latest information on student life at BCIT.
Find us online at www.bcitsa.ca and on social media at www.facebook.com/bcitsa. Check out our latest videos at www.youtube.com/user/bcitsa and take advantage of great deals from our venues by becoming mayor on foursquare at www.foursquare.com/bcitsa.
We have loads of competitions, events, prizes and much more. So it pays to be connected with us.
BCIT Student Association, Enhancing Student Life!
Support services for PTS studentsStudent support service areas across BCIT.
We wish you every success in your current and future educational pursuits!