The Service Desk is your first point of contact for BCIT computer related questions or problems. The Service Desk staff will guide and assist you to resolve your BCIT computing needs.
How to contact us
- Visit our Knowledge Base for solutions
- Create a request by logging into the TSD Self Service Portal
- Call 604-412-7444 (option 1) or toll-free (Canada and US only) at 800-351-5533 (option 1)
- Visit us at the Burnaby campus in SE12-205 (see Hours of Operation)
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include your BCIT ID number, your Full Name and detailed information on the issue.
Information to have ready
Before contacting us, please have the following information readily available:
- Your full name and your BCIT ID (e.g., A00123456).
- The computer's BCIT asset number (look for the BCIT sticker with a barcode and the asset number) if the problem is with your computer.
- Be prepared to describe the problem clearly. What are you trying to accomplish? What exactly is happening (or not happening)? If your computer is displaying an error message, record the exact text of the message.
- If possible, be at the location of the affected computer when you contact us.
|Time Period||Day of week||Hours|
|September to May (first two weeks only) - (except Winter break)||Monday to Friday||8:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (phone and web service only)|
|May (last two week only) to August (and Winter break)||Monday to Friday||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
- Search the Knowledge Base
- Log in to TSD Self Service Portal and create a request
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Leave a voice mail with the Help Desk at 604-412-7444 (option 1) or toll-free at 800-351-5533 (option 1)
What do we support?
We support BCIT office and lab computers with BCIT-standard software images. For more information on service levels see the Core Service Catalogue [PDF]
There are hundreds of useful Knowledge Base articles for students, faculty, and staff.
We welcome your comments
Your feedback can make a difference - your suggestions help us to improve our services. Please contact the Client Services Manager, Michele Morrison, by e-mail or by phone at 604-432-8628.