While You Are at BCIT
During your education at BCIT, we can support you through:
Enjoying recreation and social events
Visit BCIT Recreation Services for more information
- Our fitness facilities offer special programs for international students, with featured activities on Saturdays.
- Intramural sports and instructional programs are available year round.
- Organized recreational activities explore spectacular British Columbia - come for a hike us!
- Special social events and workshops offered throughout the year.
Finding part-time employment while studying:
Learn more about employment in Canada
Contact us for more information
- Opportunities include on- and off-campus employment, co-op programs and volunteer activities.
Providing international student awards
Achieve high academic standing and you'll be considered for a number of BCIT student awards and scholarships. No application is necessary.
In addition, as an international student you'll be eligible for the International Student Award, which is:
Read more about international student awards and scholarships
- Presented to one or two students who achieve a 90% average in the first year of their program while maintaining a full-time course load;
- Based on achievement in addition to a student’s involvement in the classroom, at BCIT and in the community.
Using BCIT's campus resources to the fullest!
As a BCIT student you have free access to a number of different student services and campus resources, including BCIT’s Student Clubs. With your BCIT ID card you can take advantage of on-campus and off-campus discounts.
Have a look at the resources and links below and find out more about: