Resources and Links
Job Aids are short booklets on specific instructional topics. They are available in printable PDF format or in hard copy at SE12-203. The job aids listed below were all revised in 2010 to include techniques for online courses where appropriate.
- Starting Off on the Right Foot
- Preparing and Using Student Handouts
- Increasing Student Motivation
- Making Large Lectures Interactive
- Managing Student Behaviour
- Designing and Using Visuals
- Effective Use of Group Work
- Using Questions Effectively
- Creating a Rubric
- Developing Checklists and Rating Scales
- Developing Written Tests
- Assessing Your Teaching Effectiveness
- Classroom Assessment Techniques
Here is a list of links to online educational resources that support teaching and learning:
- Knowledge Base
- Getting Results. An excellent, free, online, open access course for new instructors produced by the National Science Foundation
- Power Point in the Classroom. This is a free, self-paced training program on the effective use of Power Point, from beginner to advanced. Try it out!
- Multimedia Educational Resources for Learning and Online Teaching (MERLOT)
- Ask ERIC Virtual Library
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Online College Courses and Classes
- Faculty Focus: Higher Education Teaching Strategies from Magna Publications. This site has current articles, free reports, conference information and many other useful resources and links.