For Immigration: Step 1
You must arrange to submit:
- Official documents. These documents must be sent directly to ICES from your educational institution or educational authority. In most cases an official transcript is sufficient as long as the completion of the award is noted within. If confirmation of the award is not present in the academic transcript, this information can arrive in letter form from the appropriate authority accompanying the official transcript of records. Please note these documents can also be sent by the academic authority directly to our office via email.
- Please note the mode of delivery (regular/distance education/part-time/full-time) and campus location must also be included on the official documents or in an accompanying letter.
- If translations of official documents are required, clients will be contacted once official documents arrive to ICES. Please see more information about translations below.
Applicants with credentials from the People’s Republic of China (PRC) will be required to have a China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC) validation sent directly to our offices.
For non-university or Benke-level awards you may choose to arrange for credential authenticity reports to be sent directly to ICES by the China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHESICC/CHSI).
For a document to be considered official, it must meet the following standards:
- Mailed from educational institution directly to ICES office
- Document has never been handled by client, client’s friend or relative
- Bears proper seals, signatures, and postal markings