Temporary Instructor, Category M, Aviation Technical Studies - 13N5
School of Transportation
Temporary Instructor, Category M, Aviation Technical Studies
Start Date/Term of Appointment
$58,652 to $87,122 per annum (Placement based on education and experience; prorated based on percentage of appointment)
January 12, 2013
November 29, 2013
Posting DetailsCanada’s largest Aerospace Technology School requires temporary Instructors to teach all aspects of the Transport Canada and Canadian Council for Aviation and Aerospace (formerly CAMC) and other approved curriculum for the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Category ‘M’ program.
Share your passion for Aircraft Maintenance with the next generation of learners at BCIT.
- instructional counselling, evaluation and preparation;
- administrative responsibilities, assignments, and student evaluation;
- curriculum maintenance and program enhancement;
- short-term coverage for full-time Instructor release
- administrative processes required to ensure appropriate resources are in place to deliver services;
- working collaboratively with our Chief Instructors;
- other duties directly related to the support and delivery of the programs.
- Valid Aircraft Maintenance Engineer ‘M’ licence with previous Airworthiness Certification Authority (ACA) granted by an Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO);
- Graduate of an approved aircraft program from a Transport Canada approved school;
- Minimum of five years recent industry experience in the certification of aircraft for both line and heavy maintenance operations;
- Demonstrated comprehension of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARS) and how they pertain to the personnel licensing system and aircraft maintenance in Canada;
- Preference will be given to applicants with well-rounded industry experience and possessing a valid M1 and M2 rating;
- Previous supervisory, Quality Assurance, or post-secondary instructing experience an asset;
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical skills necessary to instruct all aspects of CCAA/Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Category ‘M’ curriculum;
- Must have the discipline to instruct course curriculum at the level required to meet course objectives;
- Effective written and oral command of the English language;
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Current computer literacy;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collegial manner within a team and to contribute to a continuous product improvement environment;
- Completion of an instructional techniques course or the Provincial Instructor Diploma Program would be an asset.
Start Date/Term of Appointment
$58,652 to $87,122 per annum (Placement based on education and experience; prorated based on percentage of appointment)BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT ins an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, candidates will be required to present original copies of credentials.