ServicesBCIT Student Health Services is a walk-in medical clinic located on the Burnaby campus in SE 16-127. BCIT Student Health provides medical services to help students succeed in their educational pursuits and to support faculty and staff in delivering the highest quality education. Services are provided by a physician or a registered nurse on a walk-in, first come, first serve basis. Occasionally more urgent cases are moved up the queue.
BCIT Student Health Services provides acute and ongoing care to currently registered students, similar to the services provided by a family doctor.
BCIT Student Health Services will see currently employed BCIT faculty and staff for acute care reasons only, such as an illness or an injury. Wait time can be expected to be longer between the hours of 12:00 and 2:00 as the clinic is busy with student visits over lunch. If you can choose another time, it would be appreciated. BCIT Faculty and staff are expected to follow up with their family doctor for chronic or ongoing medical conditions and preventative health screening. if you don't have a family doctor, you may check the College of Physicians and Surgeons website at https://www.cpsbc.ca (Find a Physician).
For timely and excellent quality medical care, BCIT Student Health Services
BCIT Student Health Services does not provide services to family members of students or staff or to retired staff.
- 8000 student, faculty, and staff member visits each year
- Over 600 immunizations each year for students in Health Sciences programs
- 700 flu shots each year for the BCIT community
BCIT's Student Health Services meets a wide range of medical and health needs. Some examples of frequently provided services are:
- birth control consultations
- physical exams
- pap tests, breast and testicular exams
- sexually transmitted infection tests
- emergency first aid
- specialist referrals
- minor surgery
- wart treatments
- a friendly ear
- dressing changes
- allergy injections
- health teaching
- blood pressure monitoring
- menstrual cramps
- birth control information
- suture removal
- cold and flu viruses
- wart treatments
- treatment (McKenzie Method)
- sport and work-related injury physiotherapy
- facilitate seeing a doctor or nurse as soon as possible
- help with insurance questions
- make your visits easier and more pleasant