Register for Courses
Register for all BCIT distance and online learning courses:
Course registration instructions
If you need help or instructions on how to register online, by fax, phone, email or in person, please read the following.
- If the course is available for registration, the or button will appear.
Click on the 'register now' button to link you to the BCIT registration site. Follow the instructions at the registration site. If the course has already begun, the IN PROGRESS button appears; IN PROGRESS means that the course has already started.
Note that in some cases you must obtain program head or other approvals to register for a course you have selected. Contact the program head or program assistant [PDF, 85 KB] to obtain approvals.
- When registering online you can simply add courses to your cart and then proceed to registration. You aren't required to remember the details of each course you wish to register for.
- When you register by fax, mail, in person, or by phone, you'll need to have some information ready. Here's a checklist:
- BCIT student number if you have one (A00...). If you are new to BCIT and do not have a BCIT student number, you can obtain one by completing the online form in the BCIT Secure Information System (you will be automatically forwarded to this site when you register online).
- social insurance number (for tax receipts)
- Name, mailing address and contact information (please include e-mail address)
- work address (if applicable)
- course number, name, CRN and course fees
- payment information (e.g., credit card number and expiry date)
You will receive confirmation of registration only if you've registered online or by credit card, in which case an e-mail statement of payment or credit card receipt will come to you within several days.
BCIT uses and maintains information you provide for the purposes of admission, registration and other fundamental activities related to course of instruction in technological or vocational matters and subjects. For questions about BCIT's collection and use of personal information, please contact:
Manager, Records Management,
FOIPOP and Copyright
3700 Willingdon Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5G 3H2
- Distance & online learning course texts and materials must be ordered and purchased separately after you have registered for your course. In order to receive your materials you must contact the BCIT Bookstore. The cost of course manuals, materials and textbooks are not included in the course fee.
Important course or tutor information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Once you've registered, you should familiarize yourself with your myBCIT account. You will use your myBCIT to:
- check your grades
- send and receive e-mail
- access course home pages
- create your own personal address book & calendar
- participate in groups
- access your course fee receipts
These courses at BCIT may require significant effort and resources on your part, and you’ll want to be successful. After you purchase your course materials through the BCIT Bookstore or you gain access to your online course, it will be time for the real work to begin, but in the meantime:
- Read any school or program information for your area of study:
- Find out what services are available to you and access part-time studies orientation information
- Prepare for online learning:
- Review BCIT Library resources and services offered for distance & online learning
- Read the while studying page for more information on studying at a distance
NOTE: BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses if enrolment is insufficient. For further information, see Course Cancellations. Program staff will contact you with advance notice of a cancellation and will make every effort to provide an alternative course.
Information on course refunds