Testing and Upgrading
Depending on an applicant's background and selected program, he or she may be able to write an assessment test to demonstrate they meet the entrance requirements for the program.
The Trades Pretest is an assessment test which can be written to satisfy the entrance requirements for many trades and apprenticeship programs, as well as the Airline and Flight Operations and Airport Operations programs. If the pre-test is a satisfactory option, 'BCIT pre-test is acceptable' will be listed in the prerequisite information for the program.
For information on this test, please see the Trades Learning Centre website.
Technology and technical studies programs
English and Math assessment tests offered by the Academic Studies department can be written to satisfy the entrance requirements for many technology and technical studies programs. For information on these testing options, please contact a Program Advisor or the Admissions Department.
Students may wish to consider enrolling in the full-time 15-week Technology Entry (TE) program if they are missing one or more program prerequisites or are interested in one of the following areas of study:
- Biomedical Engineering Technology
- Degree Transfer in Science and Technology
- Architectural and Building Engineering Technology
- Chemical Sciences Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology
- Food Technology
- Geomatics Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Mining and Mineral Exploration Technology
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Renewable Resources (Fish and Wildlife)
- Robotics and Mechatronics
- Computer Information Technology
- Computer Systems Technology