Get One Online
You can now order your BCIT Student ID card online. Simply fill out the form and submit your photograph. We will contact you when your new card is available for pickup.
Submitted photos must meet the following criteria (see sample photo):
- Smaller than 5MB in size (larger file sizes will be rejected)
- JPEG format
- you must be the only person in the picture
- forward-facing head shot with your face clearly visible, and covering at least 50% of the photo area
- a uniform, neutral light-coloured background
- head coverings are only be acceptable due to religious beliefs
- Passport photos recommended
Your photo will NOT be processed if:
- your head is tilted up, down, or to the side
- your face is not clearly visible or is out of focus
- anything blocks your head or face, including sunglasses, hats, hands, or other objects
- it is photographed against very dark, brightly coloured or busy backgrounds
- if you are wearing tribal or other head gear not specifically religious in nature
- if your image is filtered or excessively enhanced (i.e. instagrammed)
You must bring government issued photo ID to the following locations in order to pick up your completed card. Cards will not be released unless they are verified.
- Burnaby – Library in building SE14
- Downtown Campus – DTC Student Registration
- Aerospace Technology Centre – Library
- Marine Campus – Library
For those students taking Distance Education or On-line Learning courses you may request a BCIT Distance Education Student ID card to be mailed to you. Please note that these cards will not include your photo.
To obtain a card please fill out the request form below and select "Distance Education" in the pickup location box. In order to process your card you must submit a scanned copy of your driver's licence or BC ID as proof of your identification and residency.
Cards will be produced and mailed out once verified on our student information system. Allow 2-3 weeks for your card to arrive. Students that want a photo ID card are required to pickup the card in person at the Burnaby Campus Library