School Research Committees
School Research Committees bring together faculty and staff from different disciplines and departments to identify common and emerging areas of research expertise and interest. These committees cultivate interdisciplinary research themes where faculty and students from across the institute work together on research programs and projects.
School Research Committees also play a vital role in facilitating and supporting the research activities of the various schools. They review all school-based research undertaken by faculty, staff and students for appropriateness, quality standards and fit with school and Institutional priorities.
BCIT School and Institute Research Committees GuidelinesApr 13, 2011 - New guidelines have been developed for School Research Committees and an Institute Research Committee. The role of these committees will be:
- to function as the channel for communications among research participants,
- to provide transparent access to research funding and resources that require decisions at the School or Institute level,
- to provide feedback and direction for research initiatives and policies at BCIT.
Research Committee Membership
- Institute Research Committee, Sep, 2014
- School of Business Research Committee, Jul 21, 2014
- School of Computing & Academic Studies Research Committee, Nov 17, 2014
- School of Construction & the Environment Research Committee, Jul 21, 2014
- School of Energy Research Committee, Jun 13, 2014
>>SOE SRC website
- School of Health Sciences Research Committee, Sep 11, 2014
>>SOHS SRC website
- School of Transportation Research Committee, Jul 21, 2014
- Services & Support Research Committee, Jun 13, 2014