Applied research creates practical learning opportunities for BCIT's students, contributes to the high quality of BCIT’s educational programs, provides solutions to industry’s challenges, creates beneficial partnerships, and produces commercially relevant new technology products and applications.
The Applied Research Liaison Office (ARLO) supports research at BCIT, providing a wide range of support services and guidance to faculty, researchers, students, industry, administrators and School Research Committees.ARLO can help to:
- Liaise with external agencies and partners
- Identify research funding sources and develop research proposals
- Track and report on Institute research-related data and information
- Provide an interface for researchers to the Institute’s Marketing and Communications Department
- Assess technologies and markets
- Develop and protect intellectual property
- Develop commercialization strategies within BCIT and industry
- Support industry led innovation
ARLO provides aid for research activities that focus on projects in areas that engage faculty and students to advance the state of practice and to solve business and industry problems to increase competitive strength.