It's that simple. BCIT works for you, for employers, and for our community. You’re looking for a serious post-secondary education because you need the tools for a successful career. You’ve come to the right school.
Wherever you are, a BCIT grad is making an impact. Whether it's building our cities, shaping our economy, keeping you healthy, or innovating technology, a BCIT grad is making it happen. With over 140,000 grads contributing to the economic, social, and environmental prosperity of BC, BCIT grads are in-demand and making a difference.
BCIT is known for its high job placement rate, and we deliver.
- Baccalaureate degree graduates’ employment rate – 95%
- Average median salary of a degree graduate – $64,350
- Diploma graduates employed in a job-related to program – 78%
- Employed apprenticeship completers in a training-related job within 2 months – 94%
BC Student Outcomes, Baccalaureate Graduates Survey, prepared by BC Stats (3-year average: 2011, 2010, 2009).
BC Student Outcomes, Apprenticeship Student Outcomes Survey, prepared by BC Stats (3-year average: 2011, 2010, 2009).
Small Class Sizes
Small class sizes ensure that you get more interaction with faculty, network with your peers and have opportunities to work on teams to tackle projects, all of which provide you with the collaborative skills that are vital to a successful career.
- Typical class size in a 2-year Technology diploma program – 20-25 students per class
- Typical class size in a Trades and Technical Studies program – 16 students per class
BCIT’s strong ties with industry benefit you before and after graduation:
- Curriculum is developed in consultation with leading employers to ensure what you’re learning stays ahead of the curve.
- Our instructors have years of relevant professional experience and are leaders in their respective industry. They’re connected in their field, applying new and emerging industry knowledge, tactics and technology in the classroom, giving you a head start in the labour market.
- Industry projects, work terms and co-op opportunities ensure that you’re developing valuable contacts, honing your skills and working in real-world settings all before you graduate.
BCIT is a leader in delivering applied learning. You learn theory, then put it into practice. You work with advanced equipment in shops, labs, studios and even woodlots to understand what you’re learning and how it’s applied in the real world.