Register for Part-time Courses
Step 1: Choose your courses
Once you know what you want to take, you can register.
- If you've already visited our online course catalogue and found something that you're interested in taking, proceed to the step 2 below.
- Otherwise, find your courses online, and review the course information and available offerings. If you are planning to register online, use the "Add to Cart" button to speed up the registration process.
Step 2: Meet the requirements
BCIT part-time studies courses are taught assuming that registrants have a BC Grade 12 level of English and proficiency in all four language skills: reading, writing, speaking, and listening. BCIT has several upgrading courses for students who wish to improve their English language skills.
Many courses offered through part-time studies have prerequisites that are listed in the course description. Before registering, ensure you have completed the necessary courses or have the skills and knowledge equivalent to the listed prerequisites. Some courses may require department approval prior to registering (see the course description).
International Students: If you have questions regarding your status in Canada or legal eligibility to study in Canada, contact the International Student Centre (ISC) at 604-432-8816.
Step 3: Prepare to register
When registering for courses, have the following ready:
- your BCIT ID (student number). Create or search for your ID using the BCIT Secure Information System.
- the course reference number (CRN) or course name and number
- method of payment (full payment is required at the time of registration)
Step 4: Register
BCIT offers different ways to register. Be sure to get familiar with part-time studies fees, refunds and withdrawal information.
Register online using the BCIT Secure Information System.
See all options for registering for Part-time Studies courses off-line, including at our Marine Campus.
Step 5: Prepare for your course
Here are some things you can do to prepare for your first class: