Apply to a Program :: Full-time Studies
The following steps are general guidelines to help you through the program application process. You should refer to your program’s web page for more specific instructions to ensure your application is complete.
Step 1: Choose your program
What is your passion? What is your career goal? Knowing what you want to study is the first step.
- Find your program online, and review the program details.
Step 2: Meet the entrance requirements
To be considered for admission, you must meet or exceed the minimum academic requirements for your chosen program. Some programs also have non-academic requirements such as submitting a resumé, letter of intent, volunteer work experience or attending an interview. Please be aware that some programs are competitive. Search our online program database to check your program's specific requirements.
Submit documents showing you have completed, or are in the process of completing, your entrance requirements. This applies to all applicants whether educated within or outside of Canada.
If you completed post-secondary studies outside of Canada, the United States or England, you may require an evaluation of your credentials by the International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES).
Step 3: Prepare your application
- Check the application processing periods and deadlines.
- Gather all required documents.
- Have your application fee ready: $62 (domestic) or $154 (international).
Step 4: Submit your application
Apply online using the BCIT Secure Information System:
- Create or search for your BCIT ID (student number)
- Follow the instructions to select and apply for your program
- Pay the application fee online by Visa, MasterCard, or American Express (payment is required or your application will not be processed)
After completing your online application, submit supporting documents, each marked with your full name and BCIT ID (student number)—by mail, by fax or in person.
By mail, by fax or in person
c/o BCIT Student Information and Enrolment Services
3700 Willingdon Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5G 3H2
Step 5: Check your application status
After you've submitted your program application, you can check the status of your application online. We'll mail you a letter with information on how to login to your account, 2 to 3 weeks after we receive your application.