If you have completed a degree, a diploma or a substantial amount of course work in a specific program, you may qualify for direct entry into a full-time program. If approved, you would be awarded credit for a portion of a program.
Even when you're granted transfer credit, most applicants are required to do additional course work before starting at the advanced level. So when applying for direct entry, allow time for your application to be assessed and to take courses before the start of your advanced studies.Acceptance into direct entry is dependent on many factors: seat availability, meeting course equivalencies, department approval, competitiveness and application and document submission with sufficient time for review.
BCIT accepts direct entry applications:
- From November 1* onward
for programs starting the following September
- From February 1* onward
for programs starting in January
*or next business day
Note: Applicants who completed post-secondary studies outside of Canada, the United States or United Kingdom may require an evaluation of their credentials by the International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES). Refer to the advanced placement information sheets to find out if your program requires a basic or comprehensive evaluation. If your program is not listed, contact Program Advising to find out what type of ICES evaluation is required.
If you have paused your full-time studies at BCIT and wish to re-enter your program, you must resolve any previous academic difficulties and submit an application for the level at which you would like to resume your studies. Your admission will depend on:
- Seat availability
- Time elapsed since your first enrolment (be prepared to repeat courses in which the material has changed significantly since you completed them)
- Program approval
BCIT accepts re-admission applications ongoing throughout the year.
Direct entry information sheets
Note: To access these PDF files you will require Acrobat Reader (free).
- Business Administration (Human Resources Option)
- Business Administration (Management Option)
- Business Information Technology Management
- Business Management
- Business Operations Management
- Digital Design and Development
- Financial Planning
- General Insurance and Risk Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business Management
- Marketing Management
- Radio Arts and Entertainment
Computing and Academic Studies
- Computer Information Technology - January (Level 2)
- Computer Information Technology - September (Level 3)
- Computer Systems Technology
Construction and the Environment
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics and Robotics
- Other Technology Programs
For information on direct entry for trades or technical studies programs contact Program Advising.