Board of Governors
BCIT is a public post-secondary institution established by the government of British Columbia under the College and Institute Act. It is administered under the authority of the Minister of Advanced Education by a Board of Governors consisting of:
- At least Eight members appointed by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council.
- One member of the faculty elected by the faculty members.
- One member of the support staff elected by the support staff.
- Two students elected by the students.
The President of BCIT and the Chair of the Education Council are non-voting members of the Board.
Meetings and minutes
- Feb. 25, 2014 (2:30 p.m.)
- April 8, 2014 (1:00 p.m.)
- May 27, 2014 (Marine Campus in N. Vancouver)
- MONDAY, June 16, 2014
- Oct.14, 2014
- Nov. 25, 2014
Public meetings are normally held in the Boardroom at the Royal Oak Campus in Burnaby (SE40), however this can vary, so please check the with the Board Executive Assistant if you plan to attend a meeting. The agenda includes an Open Session at 1:00 p.m.
- Kitty Chan
- Manjit Dhillon, 2nd Vice Chair
- Tejinder Grewal
- Taj Mitha
- Adam Pion, Chair
- Herbert Silber
- Laurie Sterritt, 1st Vice Chair
- MJ Whitemarsh
- Cathy Young
- Neil Cox, Member elected by the faculty
- Emery Biggar, Member elected by the support staff
- Dylan Smith, Member elected by the students
- Jenny Chen, Member elected by the students
- Kathy Kinloch, President
- Richard Plett, Chair, Education Council