Board of Governors
BCIT is a public post-secondary institution established by the government of British Columbia under the College and Institute Act. It is administered under the authority of the Minister of Advanced Education by a Board of Governors consisting of:
- At least Eight members appointed by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council.
- One member of the faculty elected by the faculty members.
- One member of the support staff elected by the support staff.
- Two students elected by the students.
The President of BCIT and the Chair of the Education Council are non-voting members of the Board.
Meetings & Minutes
- Feb. 12
- April 9 (downtown)
- May 28
- June 18 (downtown)
- Oct. 15
- Nov. 26
- Feb. 11, 2014
- April 8, 2014
- May 27, 2014
- June 17, 2014
- Oct.14, 2014
- Nov. 25, 2014
Public meetings are normally held in the Boardroom at the Royal Oak Campus in Burnaby (SE40), however this can vary, so please check the with the Board Executive Assistant if you plan to attend a meeting. The agenda includes an Open Session at 1:00 p.m.
- Kitty Chan
- Manjit Dhillon
- Tejinder Grewal
- Tony Gugliotta, Chair
- Jim Laurence, 1st Vice Chair
- Margaret McFarlane
- Taj Mitha
- Adam Pion
- William Frederick (Rick) Roger
- Laurie Sterritt, 2nd Vice Chair
- Neil Cox, Member elected by the faculty
- Emery Biggar, Member elected by the support staff
- Daniel Huh, Member elected by the students
- Keith Van, Member elected by the students
- Chris Golding, Acting President
- Kathy Siedlaczek, Chair, Education Council